Galderma Skincare Awareness Month Event/Panel Discussion
I am sure all of you have heard about the brand ‘Cetaphil’ but did you know how the name was derived?
‘Cet’ comes from the hydrating agent of Cetearyl alcohol and ‘Phil’ means love. Cetaphil, therefore, is the love of moisturising and soothing skin.
Cetaphil is a Globally renowned brand with 75 years of heritage and is the No. 1 Dermatologist prescribed brand across many countries. Cetaphil is scientifically formulated and clinically proven to nourish even the most sensitive skin. Their products contain natural ingredients that offer gentle, yet effective care making skin soft, smooth, and beautiful.
Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion which was the original product at that time was invented by a pharmacist in 1947 specifically for dermatological needs. It quickly became popular, and today, generations later is called Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. While the name has changed, the formula has remained essentially the same—and Gentle Skin Cleanser remains a worldwide favorite and their best-selling product.
Last week we had a panel discussion with dermatologists and a few creators for Skincare Awareness Month. We had Dr.Suraj Shetty and Dr.Kaleem Khan on the panel who shared some very insightful thoughts. They spoke about different skin types and how to identify our skin type. How our skin changes as per seasons and the Circadian rhythm, how it is important to always take care of our skin and use sunscreen, even though we may have good skin now as the effect shows even much later. We should not take our skin for granted, if it is good now, as the skin keeps on changing.
As I always mention skin care is a lifelong journey and not a destination, we have to always do our regular skincare routine day and night. And it need not be elaborate, a simple Cleanse, Moisturising, and Sunscreen routine is enough for the day and the same for the night, you can replace the Sunscreen with a good night cream.
I absolutely love Cetaphil as a brand and the fact that it is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic. My favourite range from the brand is the Bright Healthy Radiance range where the star ingredient is Niacinamide which is my favourite. Also, the Gentle Skin Cleanser is a classic and something I always go back to.
Cetaphil has recently changed its packaging and now it has a New Look and an Even Better Formula, they have upgraded their formulation by adding the goodness of Glycerin to improve Hydration, Niacinamide for Brightening, and Panthenol for soothing and moisturizing.
Cetaphil Recommendations as per Skin Type
You can have oily skin and still have sensitive skin, and you can have dry and sensitive skin as well. Skin types can be more than one. If you have oily skin, I would recommend the Oily Skin Cleanser, Ultra Hydrating Daily Advanced Lotion, and Cetaphil Sun. And if you have dry skin, I would recommend the Gentle Skin Cleanser, Moisturising Cream, and Cetaphil Sun SPF50+
For nighttime, you can try the Cetaphil BHR Night Cream which has Sea Daffodil extracts and Niacinamide.
Did you know Galderma also has a brand name Biluma, apart from Cetaphil?
Well, Biluma is the brand for you if you have hyperpigmentation issues and it works for all skin types.
The skin has its own rhythm – The skin’s circadian rhythm for healthy and glowing skin. The skin functions differ between daytime and nighttime. During the day, the skin functions to brighten and protect the skin, and, during the night it functions to rejuvenate and nourish the skin. An imbalance in this day & night skin cycle due to internal & external factors leads to early signs of aging including hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, wrinkles, laxity, and dull, dry skin.
Biluma stands for Be illuminated (Luma – Means light)
This range has Rumex occidentalis which is a very effective inhibitor of tyrosinase and helps to reduce the formation of unwanted pigmentation and age spots. This range works really well for melasma, post-acne scars, uneven skin tone, or any form of hyperpigmentation on the skin. Biluma claims to visibly brighten and even out skin tone in 3 weeks.
Biluma consists of Advance Skin Brightening Face Wash, Advance Day Cream, and Advance Night Cream, apart from Advance Lotion for the Body and Advance Cream for sensitive areas like underarms, inner thighs, neck, etc.
About Biluma Advance Face Wash: Washes away dullness for vibrant, radiant and moisturized skin.
● BILUMA ADVANCE SKIN BRIGHTENING FACEWASH: Gently washes away dullness and impurities to reveal
bright and radiant skin
● GEL LIKE TEXTURE: Transforms into a comforting cocooning lather that leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
● CLEANSES AND ILLUMINATES: Cleanses and purifies your skin to prepare it for moisturizing
● SKIN FRIENDLY PH: Gentle formula that rinses easily without leaving skin feeling greasy or sticky
Biluma Advance Skin brightening Lotion gently brightens the skin and evens the skin tone
● Reduces dark spots and evens skin tone in 3 weeks without irritating or weakening the skin barrier
● ILLUMINATES AND HYDRATES: Reveals skin’s inner radiance and nourishes with the goodness of Rumex
occidentalis and Vitamin E
● MICROEMULSION LUMINOUS TECHNOLOGY: Reduced particle size of the active ingredients, helps the
brightening and moisturizing agents penetrate better and provide a better spreadabilty, leaving the skin non
● NON-GREASY: Gentle formula that quickly absorbs without leaving skin feeling greasy or sticky
Biluma Advance day cream protects, brightens, and nourishes the skin from sun damage
● Reduces dark spots and evens skin tone while nourishing the skin
● DAILY Sun PROTECTION: Helps protect against the damaging effects of sun exposure with a UV filter called
● ILLUMINATES AND HYDRATES: Reveals skin’s inner radiance and protects against dryness
● BRIGHTENS SKIN: with natural brightening agent like rumex occidentalis
BILUMA advance Night cream:
● Brightens and evens skin tone along with reducing wrinkles and fine lines
● REDUCES DARK SPOTS IN 3 WEEKS: Visibly decreases the appearance of dark spots after just 3 weeks of daily
● INSTANTLY ILLUMINATES AND HYDRATES: Improves skin hydration and provides hydration all night long with a
blend of almond oil, macadamia nut oil, and shea butter
● REDUCES WRINKLES: with the goodness of Kakadu plum (world richest source of Vit C) and hyaluronic acid
● GENTLE and SOOTHING FEEL: Gentle formula with lecigel and heliofeel that makes the skin soft and supple.
Biluma Advance Cream for sensitive areas
Packed with effective ingredients to brighten and even out skin tone while reducing pigmentation and soothing sensitive areas in 21 days*
● Brightens and evens skin tone for areas like underarms, inner thighs, and neck
● REDUCES DARK SPOTS IN 3 WEEKS: Visibly decreases the appearance of dark spots and soothes sensitive skin after just 3 weeks of daily use
● INSTANTLY CALMS REACTIVE SKIN: Tasmannia lanceolata soothes sensitive skin areas
● GENTLY EXFOLIATES: with the benefit of lime pearl
● BRIGHTENS: with Beta white, a peptide-based ingredient
So if you have any hyperpigmentation issues, definitely recommend trying out the Biluma range or the Cetaphil range if you have normal/sensitive skin.
Have you tried Cetaphil or Biluma before? Do let me know your thoughts.