This Diwali, let’s try gifting our loved ones something different. Something that would be useful to them for a lifetime – health insurance.
It might seem a little unusual but buying the best health insurance policy for your loved ones seems to be the most ideal gift this Diwali. With the world still recovering from the pandemic effect, it only makes sense to be cautious and prioritize the health of your family. What better gift then than the gift of health?
Why Health Insurance Makes for the Perfect Diwali Gift?
A health insurance policy provides financial coverage in times of any medical emergency arising out of a mishap. Diwali celebrations are often associated with fireworks, which means that the risk of mishap is inevitably present. Hence, it is wise to be prepared for any unforeseen accidents or injuries arising out of misdirected fireworks which may require immediate medical attention.
A family health plan is ideal to cover the financial cost of any such treatment without letting you burn a hole in your pocket. With health insurance by your side, you’d have nothing to worry about financially and you can enjoy Diwali in full fervor with your loved ones. This is why mediclaim policy or health insurance is one of the wisest gifts you can consider buying for your family this festive season.
How Health Insurance Plans Can Help During Diwali?
Diwali is undoubtedly one of the most popular and widely celebrated festivals in India. The day is marked by a host of festivities which start a few days before the actual festival date. However, as is the common adage – “Excess of everything is bad.” Overdoing the celebrations can sometimes cause health hazards, some of which are listed below. This is where health insurance plans for family come in handy.
- Firework mishaps: Fireworks are fun and exciting but can also be a huge hazard to our physical safety if not played the right way. Every year during Diwali, several accidental hazards and physical injuries are reported across the country during Diwali celebrations. It is therefore important to safeguard the health of your loved ones and you by purchasing family health care plans. In case of an emergency where hospitalization is required, health insurance plans can be very useful. Besides, firework burns can sometimes require prolonged treatment which can cause financial strain. Mediclaim can help here too.
- Pollution effects: Fireworks during Diwali are not only associated with physical burns and injuries but also high levels of air pollution, which keep rising every year. This is caused due to the smoke emitted from the materials used to make fireworks, causing the air to pollute to intolerable levels. It is this air pollution which then causes a number of health problems in kids and adults alike – respiratory problems, asthma, lung disease, and even heart problems are associated with pollution effects. Health insurance plans can help cover the cost of treatment involved in the treatment of all these conditions.
- Health effects of gorging on festive treats: Every festival is incomplete without sweets and other delicacies. All of us love eating a number of treats during festival time and Diwali is no exception in this regard. A large number of sweets and fried savories are prepared in nearly every household every Diwali. As a result, some people are affected by health conditions caused due to excessive consumption of sweet and unhealthy food. High cholesterol, gastrointestinal disorders, diabetes, and the like are some examples. Such conditions would require proper treatment by the doctor to keep your health in good condition. Health insurance plans in India for family are therefore designed to cover costs involved in all kinds of treatments for various health conditions and disorders.
How to Choose the Best Health Insurance Plans for Family During Diwali?
With so many options available today with several insurance companies, choosing the best health insurance in India can indeed be difficult. However, the following factors can help:
- A good health insurance policy should ideally provide higher coverage at minimum premium payment.
- It should provide for a high sum insured to the policyholder so as to sufficiently cover costs for any health problems (as detailed above) that may happen during the festive season.
- Health insurance policies should also provide room for rider benefits to be added to the base plan, as and when required. Riders help increase coverage benefits for the plan.
- The insurance company offering the mediclaim plan should have a network of hospitals where the benefit of cashless hospitalization can be availed. Make sure to check with your insurer about this facility before buying health insurance.
Diwali is the time for enjoyment and celebration with family and loved ones. You wouldn’t want any financial stress during this time. Let health insurance take care of all your worries this Diwali while you focus on spending quality time with those you care for. Look for the best family health insurance plans in India and sit back and have a happy and safe Diwali.
Found this post informational? Browse PayBima Blogs to read interesting posts related to Health Insurance, Car Insurance, Bike Insurance, Term Life Insurance and Investment section. You can visit PayBima to Buy Insurance Online.